The month of May this year is National walking month and this presents a great opportunity for us to undertake a sponsored walk (or a small section of the walk) around the district.
Our walk will take place on Saturday the 18thMay covering 23 miles from Rochdale to Bacup, on to Todmorden and finally returning to Rochdale.
I understand few members will want to complete the walk in it’s entirety but I do want all brethren to feel able to take part in some capacity. Inclusiveness is hugely important and there will be a role for everyone.
Completing the walk will be a personal challenge but the objectives behind organising the event are to;
- Raise money for good causes
- Increase masonic visibility across the district
- Publicise our fund raising activities
- Attract new members to the craft
How Can You Get Involved
Walk the walk (or a portion of it)
Drive a back up vehicle on the day
Help to move the gazebo around and staff it on location
Provide light refreshments (tea / coffee / water) in Todmorden or Rochdale.
- Backup / support vehicles with water and first aid equipment will be provided.
- High visibility clothing will be provided.
- It is intended to erect the district gazebo in advance of walkers arriving at places of high footfall e.g. Bacup, Todmorden, Littleborough.
- A just giving page will be set up and lodges will be asked to made a donation (£25.00)
- Individual donations will be most welcome too.
Planning for the event is at an early stage but if you would like any further information about the event I can be contacted on 07961 976641 or email@example.com
Of course I will keep you informed as planning develops. Also please see and share the attached flyer.
Many Thanks for your help and assistance.
John Taylor, District Charity Steward
© 2019, all text and images contained in this post are the property of the author and photographer respectively.