Parnassus Lodge 7869, based at Stanley House in Audenshaw celebrated 50 years of masonry moving in to this splendid Victorian building, which had previously been built as a private residence.
It was then used during the Second World War as the bomb disposal squad headquarters and after that local hat making industries laboratories. It was then purchased by a handful of local lodges and converted into a Masonic Hall.
The first ever meeting was held in September 1958. Guests included the Assistant Provincial Grand Master, John Pearson, accompanied by many of his district team. A talk on the history of the events leading to the purchase and the development of the building was presented by Donald Roberts and was well received by all present.
© 2018, all text and images contained in this post are the property of the author and photographer respectively.