Lodge & Chapter Website Development Guide
MASONIC WEB SITES
1. The Provisions of the Data Protection Act must apply (CLICK HERE FOR PROVINCIAL POLICY)
2. All material used within the website must be current.
3. All images used must be royalty free and, where appropriate, the Lodge / Chapter / Masonic facility must own the copyright of any images, or have the written consent from the copyright owner.
4. If photographs are used, signed authorisation from the person or persons must be obtained (CLICK HERE FOR PHOTO IP RIGHTS)
5. Before “going live”, each Lodge / Chapter / Masonic facility web site must have the approval of the Province which will, in turn, seek the approval of United Grand Lodge, information concerning Lodge / Chapter Meeting dates on your website, must be in the following, or a similar format: “We meet every second Thursday at 6.00 pm, from October to April [the address of the premises where the meeting is to be held can be shown].
6. If you do not have a website, but are thinking of having one, then the Communication Committee can help and guide you. Please contact thr webmaster, (email@example.com). You may also seek assistance from the Association of Masonic Webmasters http://www.masonicwebmasters.org/
7. Your website can display a special event, but must be removed the day after the event. Other events, e.g. an 'EL 2015 Festival' event can also be placed on the Provincial Website. This can be found at www.pglel.co.uk; the website gives you ongoing news about the Festival.
8. All websites should have URL’s [links] to the Provincial Grand Lodge / Chapter, Grand Charity and United Grand Lodge, web sites.
9. Any URL’s [links] to any website should have the written consent of the website owner.
10. United Grand Lodge of England has published and approved information concerning websites and their content (IMPORTANT - READ THIS DOCUMENT UGLE WEBSITE GUIDELINES)
11. After approval of the website, you can use the Provincial Grand Lodge [Provincial Grand Chapter] and United Grand Lodge Coat of Arms.
12. Consider the following for your website:
[a] A welcome page detailing the name of the Lodge / Chapter, its badge, location and a contact for further information.
The Province will obtain UGLE approval on your behalf through the Communications Committee
Email your website details and links to the Website Approval Officer, Paul Smillie HERE